Monday, September 8, 2014

Nurse Cape

I really wanted to make my own winter jacket this year. I have been wearing the same winter coat for the past few years now, because there is no way I could ever justify spending over $100 on a new coat. My sewing skills have drastically improved, so I decided to take on this big project. 
I was sifting through Pinterest and found a vintage photo of a nurse wearing a beautiful cape like jacket and I needed to have one of my own, so I started by sketching what I wanted the coat to look like on a small scale and brainstormed how I would piece together a pattern. I then sketched my finalized pattern on to large sheets of tracing paper, cut out my fabric pieces, and sewed together my pieces. I used bright red flannel for the lining and black anti-pill fleece for the rest of the coat. I attached a brass button to fasten the collar and I also made a strap to cross of the chest to keep the coat closed, but I have yet to attach it. 
I am very impressed with the results! Definitely could use some touch ups, but overall the coat is great! 





xo


No comments:

Post a Comment